The Harbour Cottage Inn makes every attempt to do our part to help sustain the environment. We have a “green policy” using the following environmentally friendly products. We are also certified as a Green Leader in hospitality by the state of Maine.
- All of our room bath amenities are biodegradable and come in biodegradable packaging..
- We use biodegradable laundry detergents.
- Our cleaning products are biodegradable.
- Our toilet paper is made from recycled paper.
- Our paper towels are made from recycled paper.
- Our napkins are made from recycled paper.
- Our commercial dishwasher uses only biodegradable ingredients for washing and sanitizing.
- Our toilets are dual flush saving thousands of gallons of water a year.
- We use water saver faucets and showerheads.
- Towels are changed only when requested by our guests.
- Most of the inn is lighted with florescent bulbs.
- We recycle cardboard plastic and bottles.
We have a high efficiency heating and cooling system.
If you have any additional ideas please pass them along to us.
The State of Maine now has a program to certify businesses in the hospitality sector as being Environmental Leaders. The Harbour Cottage Inn is your choice of stay as a certified Environmental Leader!